14 June 2009
How to Roast Red Peppers
And now for a lesson on how to make the most delicious pizza topping in existence . . .
1. Cut peppers into two or three pieces, removing stem and seeds.
2. Broil until skin blisters and blackens.
3. Transfer peppers to a ziploc bag and let sit for about 10 to 15 minutes to steam.
*EDIT* I've stopped using ziploc bags to be more environmentally friendly, and now I place the peppers in a tupperware container or glass jar to steam.
4. Once cooled, peel skins off peppers.
5. Slice them up and smother a pizza with them. SO GOOD!