So, this dish was basically invented to avoid the shame of posting, "Yeah, I just fried up some polenta slices again. Yum." The invention was inspired by a recipe I saw for polenta pizza (thanks to Janos for the polenta research). These were surprisingly delicious and easy.
roasted red pepper dip
spreadable goat cheese
1. Slice polenta into discs about 1/4 inch thick.
2. Fry in olive oil until crispy, and set aside on plate.
3. Chop red pepper and mushrooms into bite-size pieces.
4. Toss in the frying pan in olive oil. (Peppers first; they'll take about twice as long as the mushrooms.)
5. Meanwhile, spread red pepper dip on the slices, followed by a dollop of goat cheese.
6. Top with red pepper and mushrooms.